Paul’s made fluffy pancakes inspired by his childhood travels
You don’t have to leave your house to enjoy the greatest dessert in SA. Re-create Paul’s recipe and tag #MeAndPaulAtHome to share your pancake creation with us.
135g Plain Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons castor sugar
1 Large egg, lightly beaten
2 Tablespoons of melted butter.
Some extra butter for cooking
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and castor sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will then disappear.
- Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and add some of the extra butter (you can also use olive oil or non-stick spray). When it’s melted, add some of pancake batter (it is best to pour it from a jug or even to use it in a squirt condiment bottle).
- It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm.
Stack your pancakes 3 or 4 high and top with your our Vanilla Dulce de Leche swirl.